In countries where district heating is common, there are dedicated heat plants called heat-only boiler stations.In countries where district heating is common, there are dedicated heat plants called heat-only boiler stations. A power station (also referred to as a generating station, power plant, powerhouse or generating plant) is an industrial facility for the generation of electric power. At the center of nearly all power stations is a generator, a rotating machine that converts mechanical power into electrical power by creating relative motion between a magnetic field and a conductor. The energy source harnessed to turn the generator varies widely. It depends chiefly on which fuels are easily available, cheap enough and on the types of technology that the power company has access to.
Most power stations in the world burn fossil fuels such as coal, oil, and natural gas to generate electricity, and some use nuclear power, but there is an increasing use of cleaner renewable sources such as solar, wind, wave and hydroelectric. Central power stations produce AC power, after a brief Battle of Currents in the 19th century demonstrated the advantages of AC distribution.
- The earth-friendly way to generate power
- Capacities from 100 Kw to 5 Mw
- Biomass Fired Combi boilers for low to medium capacities and pressure and watertube boilers for high capacities and pressure.
- US or European made Turbine Generator Set
- Waterwalls are of welded membrane wall tube panel design to prevent air intrusion.
- Reciprocating Grate for efficient combustion of all types of biomass fuel
- Fuels - Agricultural Wastes such as Rice Hull/Stalks, Coconut Shell/Husk/Stalks, Corn Cobs/Stalks, and solid wastes such as Wood Chips, Saw Dust,
- Choice of grate designs to suit budget and available fuel, such as Pinhole Grate, Semi Steep Grate, Reciprocating Grate, and Travelling Grate.
- Complete combustion of solid fuels is assured by providing for the 3 T's of combustion (Time, Temperature and Turbulence) in the furnace design.
- Choice of Manual, Semi-Automatic and Fully Automatic boiler operation.
- Enertech Brain ++ Boiler Automation provides fully automatic operation of the boiler assuring fail-safe operation and reduced number of operating personnel
- Pollution Control Equipment such as Multi-Cyclone Dust Collector, Bag House, Wet Scrubber, Electrostatic Precipitatro, etc.
- Boiler House, equipment foundation, turnkey basis